Our privacy commitment
- CBRE Pty Limited ACN 057 373 574 acting as agent for and on behalf of Calardu Cambridge Pty Ltd A.C.N. 071 622 609 of A1 Richmond Road, Homebush West, New South Wales 2140, in relation to the property known as the Cambridge Homemaker Centre, at Tasman Highway, Cambridge TAS, is committed to managing your personal information openly and transparently and to keeping your personal information safe.
We will take all necessary measures to fulfil this commitment, including to:
- Comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”);
- Ensure that we manage your personal information openly and transparently;
- Only collect personal information from you that we need in order to offer you the best possible service and customer experience;
- Tell you how we might use your personal information;
- Let you know if we need to disclose your personal information to anyone else (including anyone overseas) and if so, in what circumstances this might occur;
- Keep your personal information secure;
- Promptly respond to any request by you not to receive direct marketing material from us;
- Make sure your personal information is kept accurate and up to date and to properly dispose of any personal information which is no longer required by us; and ensure that, where appropriate, you can access and correct your personal information.
About this Policy
This policy is intended to explain clearly and in plain language some of the key processes and procedures that we have implemented to manage your personal information, to protect your privacy and to comply with the Privacy Act 1988, the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (“Act”) and the Australian Privacy Principles. References to “our”, “us” and “we” in this policy are references to CBRE (V) Pty Limited acting as agent for and on behalf of Calardu Cambridge Pty Ltd.
What sorts of personal information do we collect?
We will only collect from you information that is necessary and relevant to our relationship with you, including to enable us to provide to you the best possible service and customer experience. Depending on the exact nature of our relationship with you, we may request that you provide some or all of the following information:
- Information that we may require to initially identify you, including your name, home address and your date of birth;
- Information that we can use to contact you, including your telephone number, mobile number, email address, work address, mailing address;
- Information we may require to confirm your identity, including your driver’s licence number, passport details, business name, Medicare card;
- Information that may assist us to confirm your financial position or credit history when you are considering a finance or credit arrangement, including your credit card details, bank details, purchase history or transaction details and loan and credit information where finance arrangements apply.
It would be very unusual for us to need to collect all or even most of the above information from you however the information we will require will depend on the specific service or services that we are providing to you. We will only collect personal information from you that we reasonably require in order to satisfactorily perform the services that you require from us.
The Act places restrictions on us collecting sensitive information about you (which includes information about your religion, political views, ethnicity, criminal records and sexual preferences). Generally, we will not collect this type of information, however, we may need to collect some sensitive information if you are applying for a job with us, and you have provided us with your consent to do so.